GSK employees celebrate #GivingTuesday with $190,000 in awards to local nonprofits
19 nonprofits chosen by GSK employees each win $10,000 for making communities across the US healthier
Issued: Philadelphia, PA
GSK announced on #GivingTuesday that its employees have selected 19 local nonprofit organizations to each receive $10,000 charitable gifts to support their work making communities healthier.
The awards are an extension of GSK’s 23-year-old GSK IMPACT Awards program, which annually honors 20 nonprofits near its corporate campuses in Philadelphia, PA and Durham, NC after an extensive selection process.
The additional recipients announced Tuesday were nominated and voted upon by thousands of GSK employees across the country. Employees selected nonprofits that help their neighbors live healthier lives by offering physical activity, education and a variety of social services.
Since the inception of the GSK IMPACT Awards, GSK has given hundreds of nonprofits more than $10 million.
The 2019 winners selected by GSK employees are:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Hudson & Union Counties, selected by employees in Warren, NJ
- Children’s Dyslexia Center of Lancaster, selected by employees in Marietta, PA
- Comfort Cases, selected by employees in Rockville, MD
- Cradles to Crayons, selected by employees in Cambridge, MA
- Family Service of Chester County, selected by employees in Greater Philadelphia, PA
- Gigi’s Playhouse Raleigh, selected by employees in the Triangle, NC region
- Girls Inc. of Memphis, selected by employees in Memphis, TN
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless, selected by employees in Oak Hill, NY
- Ollie Hinkle Heart Foundation, selected by employees in St. Louis, MO
- Ravalli County Council on Aging, selected by employees in Hamilton, MT
- The Bay, selected by employees in Lincoln, NE
Regional winners selected by field-based employees:
- Autism Empowerment in Vancouver, WA
- David’s Refuge in Manlius, NY
- East KY Dream Center in Pikeville, KY
- Lincolnway Special Recreation Association in New Lenox, IL
- Pivot, Inc. in Oklahoma City, OK
- Richmond Cycling Corps in Richmond, VA
- Ricky McAllaster Foundation in Savannah, GA
- SpiritHorse Therapeutic Riding Center of the San Francisco Bay Area in American Canyon, CA
For national and local interview opportunities, please contact:
Evan Berland email@example.com 215-751-5497
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. For further information please visit www.us.gsk.com.