Our manufacturing technician apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in helping the company source raw materials, manufacture our products and deliver the life-saving medicines to patients all over the world.
Ensuring that our products are delivered to our patients and customers when they need them is vital. As a logistics apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the steps involved in an end-to-end supply chain and play a key role in ensuring that GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
What does a manufacturing logistics apprenticeship involve?
During the apprenticeship you will gain insight into how products and goods are made and shipped including warehouse operations. You’ll also learn how to use and interpret supply chain data to organize our raw materials and help plan and organise our manufacturing and product delivery schedules.
This apprenticeship combines on-the-job learning with a program of training and development. Your role might include:
- assisting the planning department in their role through inputting data to measure key performance indicators (KPIs),
- attending daily and weekly performance meetings and running reports
- helping team members with data collection, and trending to measure KPIs
- have responsibility for putting together metrics for performance meetings
- as you progress in the role you will have more responsibility, potentially picking up your own portfolio of products to manage
- working alongside colleagues on key projects liaising with external contractors, and as your experience grows you may have the opportunity to manage your own
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
Our manufacturing technician apprenticeship offers you the chance to study fully funded towards nationally recognized qualifications while gaining valuable, paid work experience. You will work towards an Associate’s Degree (AAS) at one of GSK’s partnering community colleges with the potential to go on to further study. Upon completion of the 4-year apprenticeship program, you will also receive a Certificate of Apprenticeship Completion from the US Department of Labor, an industry issued, portable nationally recognized credential that certifies occupational proficiency.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our manufacturing logistics apprenticeship program, you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma (such as TACC or GED)
- High school GPA B (2.5) or above (4.0 scale)
- High school math and English (GPA 2.5 or above in each case)
- Less than 2 year’s industry related work experience
Where will I be based?
Our manufacturing logistics apprenticeship runs for three years at our sites in Zebulon NC.
What our apprentices say about the manufacturing logistics apprenticeship...
Being able to play a key part in ensuring patients receive the medicine they require when they need it is a fantastic feeling and is one of the reasons I am inspired to work for GSK.
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in August 2019.
How do I apply?
- Applications for 2019 are closed
- Register your interest for 2020 placements
Learn more about our apprenticeship program
Meet our apprentices
Our apprenticeship locations
GSK offers apprenticeships across many of our sites in the US.
Development and benefits
As a GSK employee, our apprentices are rewarded for their work and recognized for their achievements.
Parents and teachers
What do you envision for your child’s or student’s future?
Application tips and process
We are delighted you have decided that a GSK apprenticeship is where you want to launch your career.