Much of what influences our health happens outside the doctor’s office – in our own communities. Many factors – including economic, social, and environmental – are inextricably linked to individual health.
Part of the Solution
Many nonprofit programs help people – especially underserved populations – live healthier lives and contribute to building a healthier community.
For nearly twenty years, GSK has honored outstanding nonprofit programs located in and around our US corporate campuses in Research Triangle Park, NC and Philadelphia, PA with GSK IMPACT Awards.
Each year, up to 20 innovative, evidence-based nonprofit programs in these communities are recognized with a GSK IMPACT Award and $40,000. A panel of local and national health experts and GSK representatives evaluate the applications. To date, 157 exemplary US-based nonprofit organizations have been recognized with GSK IMPACT Awards and more than $6 million dollars.
Request for Applications
- North Carolina - Up to 10 nonprofit organizations located in Chatham, Durham, Granville, Person, Orange, and Wake Counties will earn an IMPACT Award and $40,000. Apply now
- Pennsylvania - Up to 10 nonprofit organizations located in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties will earn an IMPACT Award and $40,000. Apply now
In 2012, we kicked off an initiative to better understand how it can more effectively partner to build healthy communities, and this work continues in 2013. The scope of this year’s Awards has expanded to focus on improving access to health. Now, eligible programs include ones that promote healthy lifestyles, advance educational outcomes, and address other determinants of our health. The expanded focus aligns with our efforts to explore what it means, and what it takes, to be a healthy community.
- Read the North Carolina press release
- Read the Pennsylvania press release
- For media inquiries, contact Jennifer Armstrong at Jennifer.L.Armstrong@gsk.com
- North Carolina: (919) 483-2669 or GSK US-Communications@gsk.com
- Pennsylvania: (215) 751-5171 or GSK US-Communications@gsk.com