Technical Development Program
GMS leads the rapid commercialization of GSK products, allowing team members to take a proactive, hands-on approach to shaping the world around them. Working in conjunction with other parts of the business, we ensure the smooth and rapid transition of newly developed products into full-scale manufacture. By using a variety of processes and the latest efficient technology, our global network is able to deliver four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products every single year.
By joining the three-year rotational GMS Technical Development Program, you will have the opportunity to make a significant difference to lives around the world, whilst enjoying some of the healthiest career prospects the industry.
The program involves three different rotations across the US, with the potential to have an opportunity internationally. The rotations will be aligned to both business and personal development needs. At the end of the program, if you have delivered to the standards that we expect, you will be supported into a role within the business.
Training and Development
To support you throughout our challenging Graduate Program, you will progress through a structured development path involving both core training and an individually tailored training plan. You are allocated an individual budget to fund your personal development.
To help you settle in our Graduate Program, you will be supported by a current graduate buddy. The bullet points below give you a very brief view of where the training focus lies.
- A Professionally accredited Program supported by Chartership mentors
- Application of core technical skills in an industrial setting
- Development guided by a technical competency framework specific to that your discipline
- Lean Manufacturing and Lean Sigma training and accreditation
- Business networking events
- Site and role specific training and development (e.g. Health & Safety, Quality Management Systems, Project Management)
GSK’s high performance behaviours are integral to the success of the business. At this early stage in your career we will work with you to develop all your behaviours through both standard and individual training budget.
Personal Development Support
- Support from leadership through mentoring and sponsorship
- Leadership Edge leadership style development and focus on culture
- 360-degree feedback feedback from colleagues, managers and stakeholders to aid your development
- Annual Business networking event
- Career planning
- 3-year rotational Technical Development Program
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s or PhD in related science or engineering degree
- Full mobility required
- Number of vacancies: 4
- Start date: September of each year
- Applicants must hold a full US work permit for this Program
We are currently recruiting for 4 Associates for a September 2011 start date.
Application end date is March 4.