Common questions and contact information
We want to help you find answers to any queries you may have. As such, here is a selection of the most commonly asked questions that we receive.
If you have any queries regarding our opportunities, please contact our GSK Response Center.
We offer this service from 8 AM to 8 PM ET. Please call 1-888-825-5249 to speak with one of our representatives.
- GSK does not recruit on campus at my school. How do I apply for an opportunity?
- What kind of jobs would I qualify for at GSK? Is there someone in the company that I can talk with to help me determine if I am going in the right direction academically?
- How do I submit a résumé if I am interested in doing a summer internship, academic year internship, or for any graduate training programs?
- I have checked the web pages and the vacancies but there do not seem to be any specific opportunities relevant for me. What should I do?
- I submitted my résumé but I haven't heard anything. What should I do?
- If there are no relevant openings for me, can I send in a speculative résumé?
- I would like to invite GSK to participate in an event or sponsorship opportunity with my club/student association. What do I do?
- Do you hire students who are not US citizens? If so, what is required?
- Do you provide housing or assistance in obtaining housing for summer or academic year internship students?
- I am looking for summer positions/work experience opportunities at GSK for my son/daughter who is currently in high school.
- What degree disciplines do you recruit from for your programs?
- What type of internship opportunities do you offer?
- Does GSK offer unpaid internship/shadowing opportunities?
- What is a typical starting salary?
- What does the selection process for your internship and academic year internship programs involve?
- When would I start work with GSK?
- When do applications for the summer internship positions close?
- How long is a typical academic year internship assignment?
- How do I submit relevant research papers, chemical studies, or a more detailed scientific CV to support my application?
A. If you're interested in an internship, academic year internship, full-time regular or full-time development program, you can go to 'Search Now' and search for current opportunities to apply directly online.
A. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide the same depth and quality of career counseling that your university career services office can provide. There are also many resources available through the Internet and your library that will give you detailed descriptions of jobs in the pharmaceutical industry and the qualifications for those jobs.
One way to learn more about how your education and experience might fit in at GSK is to look through the job descriptions posted in our 'Search Now' section on our website. Also, you could review 'Our programs' which will give you details of our various opportunities.
A. All positions are posted on this website—simply go to 'Search Now', select the role(s) you are interested in, and complete the online application form.
A. If there are no relevant vacancies it either means that some vacancies have been filled already or we do not have any opportunities at the moment. All vacancies are advertised via this website, so please revisit the website regularly to see if any new openings have been added.
A. When you submitted your résumé online, you should have received an acknowledgement. Beyond that, if you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to start the interview process. If you created a profile in our system when applying, you are able to sign back in and see the status of you application(s). You are also able to edit your application if necessary.
A. If there are no relevant openings available, at the top of the job search page you can sign in to create a personal account where you can save your searches to receive job alert emails if suitable opportunities arise. We would recommend that you still return to the site regularly to search for new vacancies to make sure you don't miss what you're looking for. We do not accept hard copy speculative résumés.
A.Please contact the GSK response center at 1-888-825-5249. They will be able to direct your call.
A. We do hire students who are not US citizens. However, US work eligibility requirements must be satisfied before an international student can begin working at GSK. You will need approval/work authorization from your international student advisor to ensure that you are legally eligible to work in the US and if there are any restrictions.
A. We are happy to provide information that can be used to find temporary housing.
A. The University Recruitment group at GSK deals mainly with recruitment opportunities for university students. Please review the Business Experience Education Program (BEEP) for opportunities for high school students at our Center City, Philadelphia location. We do not offer summer internships/shadowing opportunities for high school students.
A. Details of specific degree requirements are listed on the individual job descriptions.
A. We offer internships in nearly all areas of our business. All internship opportunities will be posted on our website.
A. Starting salaries are reviewed each year and are competitive within the market sector.
A. Selection for our programs is competitive. Your application will be reviewed to determine the best match with our openings. If you are identified as a potential match you will be contacted for an interview.
A. You would start between May and mid-June for internships. Academic year internship start dates are on a semester basis (Jan/June). Full-time positions have start dates throughout the year.
A. Application deadline for summer internships is mid-March. However, the application process starts in January. The earlier you apply, the better. For academic year internship positions: as recruitment for this program runs along semester/quarter timeframes, please speak to your co-op office for more details.
A. Academic year internships typically run six months, although four month and eight month positions are also available.
A. If you would like to submit relevant research papers, chemical studies, or a more detailed scientific CV to support your application, you will be given the option of uploading up to 3 documents of up to 150kb in size at the end of your online application. If your documents are larger than this, please send them to the following email address: UK.RD-Recruitment@gsk.com.
Please put the Req ID and job title of the job you are applying for in the subject heading of your email, and mention that you have sent a separate email with this information on your application form.