Our recruitment process
- First, use the search function on this website to find a suitable vacancy for you.
- When you find a job that interests you and matches your skills, knowledge and experience, select the job and then apply. To do this, click the 'Apply for this job' button at the end of the job description. (If you can't find a suitable job, don't worry; you can save your search via setting up your profile—and receive an email notice when jobs matching your search criteria open up.)
- You can sign in to create your personal account at the top of the job search page. This will enable you to add or edit your personal information, view your application status, create and view saved job searches to receive job alert emails, store and edit your covering letter, CV and supporting documents.
- Fill in the online application form, ensuring that all red field names are complete. Briefly state why you're interested in the job, and follow the instructions to upload your CV or paste it into the field provided. You can also upload up to 3 supporting documents of up to 150 kb in size. If you do not already have a CV, you can use the 'Build CV' link to create one.
- When you submit your application, we'll let you know by an
on-screen message that it has safely arrived.
- By providing a valid email address, you will ensure that you will receive email confirmation that your application arrived in the recruiter's inbox. (We use specialist recruiters to handle aspects of the recruitment process.)
- The recruiter reviews your application. If your résumé matches the requirements of your job, they'll forward your résumé on to the appropriate hiring manager. (The hiring manager is the one who has the specific vacancy in their team.)
- The hiring manager reviews applications from all of the suitable candidates, and selects whom to invite for an interview.
- Due to the volume of applicants, we'll contact you only if you are granted an interview—usually by phone or email first—to check your availability. We'll then send you full details by letter or email.
- Following the interviews, the interviewers meet to evaluate all candidates against the job requirements. The hiring manager selects the most suitable candidate.
- If you are selected, the recruiter will contact you to make you a verbal offer. This will be followed up by a written offer letter, in which we'll explain the next steps including our pre-employment screening process.
- If you are selected, you will go through a pre-employment screening, after which we'll finalize your start date and induction details.
Updated November 12, 2009 © 2001 - 2014 GlaxoSmithKline - All rights reserved