BEEP: The Business Experience Education Program
This program offers Philadelphia high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to learn marketable skills and gain an awareness of business operations in a corporate environment.
- Provides realistic work experience that consists of a one on one relationship with a supervisor, high performance standards, constructive feedback, and compensation
- Provides a chance to learn sophisticated business and office skills, such as word processing and computer expertise
- Increases students' self-esteem and motivates them to pursue higher education
Students work full-time during school holidays and during the summer, providing administrative and clerical support to their supervisors and occasionally to other department members. While all positions require basic computer skills, we provide any additional training needed.
To be eligible for the program, students must:
- Currently be in their sophomore year
- Have a "B" or better academic average
- Have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Be able to obtain a work study roster in their junior year that will enable them to arrive at our offices no later than 2:30 PM Monday through Friday
- Have an understanding that participating in the BEEP program will limit their ability to participate in extracurricular activities/groups/programs
Please note—this program is only offered at our Center City, Philadelphia location.