Process Coordinator apprenticeships
Our Process Coordinator Apprentice Program is designed to create the science manufacturing technicians of the future.
Whether we are developing a new treatment, improving the taste of one of our consumer products, or testing the effects of a nutritional product, the laboratory is home to all of these activities. As a Process Coordinator apprentice you will lead quality and continuous improvement activities of R&D Pilot Plant Operations. Our R&D pilot plant facilities are where we manufacture oral tablets and capsules, respiratory inhalers, and intranasal devices for clinical trials and other investigational purposes.
What does a Process Coordinator apprenticeship involve?
Our Process Coordinator apprenticeship is a paid, 3-year program. You will attend college part time studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical work experience. Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a program of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Coordinate aspects of the manufacturing campaign to determine plant time, equipment and raw materials requirements, and to resolve safety issues.
- Responsible for writing, reviewing and archiving Batch Records and other Good Manufacturing Practices documentation.
- Provide technical guidance to Pilot Plant Operations in support for processes running in the plant
- Maintain an efficient communication process with customers and key stakeholders
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
Our Process Coordinator apprenticeship offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognized qualifications while gaining valuable, paid work experience. You will work towards an Associate’s Degree (AAS) at one of GSK’s partnering community colleges or technical institutions with the potential to go on to further study. In addition, upon completion of the 3-year apprenticeship program you will also receive a Certificate of Apprenticeship Completion from the US Department of Labor.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Process Coordinator apprenticeship program:
- You must have a High School diploma or GED
- If offered a position the candidate must be willing to enroll, and meet entry requirements, with one of GSK's partnering community colleges or technical institutions, in the preferred related instruction course
Where you will be based:
Our Process Coordinator apprenticeship runs for three years at our Collegeville, PA (Upper Providence) site.
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2018.
How can I apply?
We are currently closed for 2018 applications. You can register your interest in this program.