At GSK, we are guided by our mission of helping people do more, feel better, and live longer. To achieve this mission, we must go beyond discovering, developing, and delivering new medicines, vaccines, and healthcare products. That’s why we are committed to supporting nonprofits in the communities where we live and work.
Our charitable partnerships in the US support programs for children and youth focused on nutrition and physical activity, STEM education, and disaster preparedness and response.
Organizations based in the US with a 501(c)(3) IRS designation that meet GSK's grant eligibility guidelines may complete and submit a request for a charitable grant at www.gskgrants.com.
GSK U.S. Community Partnerships - Grant Eligibility Guidelines
If your organization has 501(c)(3) status and if you are interested in applying for a GSK U.S. Community Partnerships charitable grant, please first determine if your organization meets our programmatic focus areas, geographic restrictions, eligibility guidelines, and conditions.
Programmatic focus areas
GSK U.S. Community Partnerships Charitable Grants must address one of our three specific focus areas in order to be considered for funding:
- Nutrition & Physical Activity - helping children and youth achieve or maintain a healthy weight
- STEM Education - inspiring children and youth to build the future STEM workforce
- Disaster Preparedness & Response - increasing the safety and resilience of children and youth in the face of disaster
Note: GSK U.S. Community Partnerships does not sponsor fundraising or other events.
GSK U.S. Community Partnerships Charitable Grants are only considered for programs that operate in the following regions:
- Philadelphia, PA (program must operate within Philadelphia County)
- Triangle Region, NC (program must operate within Chatham, Durham, Orange and/or Wake Counties)
- U.S. National (programs must operate within more than one state or region and/or must be designed to make transformational change or serve as a model at the national level)
As a matter of policy, GSK U.S. Community Partnerships charitable grants are restricted to the following:
- Grants are provided for charitable purposes only and not for general operating expenses (core funding) or capital building costs.
- Grants are not made to individuals or given to political, religious, fraternal, profit-making, discriminatory, hobby-oriented, or tax-subsidized organizations. Grants are not made to organizations that do not align with the GSK nondiscrimination policy.
- Ineligible organizations include GSK customers or affiliates of customer organizations/institutions. Examples include but are not limited to academic medical centers, foundations of customer organizations, clinics, hospitals, payers, wholesalers, and retailers. Note that certain departments within universities that also have academic medical centers may be eligible.
- GSK U.S. Community Partnerships charitable grants are not made and cannot be used to influence or promote the use of GSK products.
Visit our www.gskgrants.com to see if your organization qualifies.
Questions about GSK charitable grants can be directed to GSK US Community Partnerships staff at GSK US Community Partnerships.